Board Meeting Minutes February, 2018

Feb. 28, 2018 by Kara "Red Hawk" Protasio

February 28, 2018 Meeting

In attendance: Jeff Triplett, Josh McVey, Lisa Ball, Trudi Chavez, Kara Protasio, Caroline , Matt O’Reilly,

  1. Meeting called to order by 7:04 by Matt.

  2. Josh: Financial report: $18,830.58 current balance. Current operating fund is $12,000 operating fund. We’ve made $415 membership revenue. Last year we had over $2,000 from membership revenue.

  3. Josh-Accountant: Our average revenue will be above 50,000 for the third year in a row, which requires LTH to file a special tax non-profit form. The form has 50 page manual of instructions for adding a tax item. Looking for a CPA to help file that particular form. Josh is going to post about it on the Facebook page to see if he can find someone to find it.

  4. Matt-Show Me Timing: This is a new race timing company by Susanna and Gregg Mrkvicka. They plan to give hawks a 50% discount and work with us on smaller races. They have shoe tags that they reuse or bill us if they aren’t returned. They have automated photo finishline system. They will need volunteers to handle stopwatch. They are willing to work with ultrasignup even though they use runsignup. The Snake is going to use them.

  5. Matt-Bylaws: We used the Road Runners Club of America when we were formed for bylaws. We need to look over our bylaws and review them and make some changes. Our bylaws state that we need nine members for quorum to help ratify the bylaws. Not every action needs a group vote. We don't record things that got voted on and it doesn't go anywhere. We need to create a google doc that we can always update.

  6. Matt-Job descriptions: We need to look them over and edit them. We need to tell members about them at the next all hands meeting.

  7. Matt-Golden Hawk Award (From Gary): He in 2019 he wants to start the Golden Hawk Award. Any member who wants to go for the award would have to compete in every race LTH hosts for the highest distance. Participants would have to pay a fee to participate that would go toward the swag they get at the end of the race. The idea is that race directors could give a discount for participants. The board discussed having participants being able to run any distance to qualify. The board also discussed changing the name of the award and some of the risks involved with this. In the end, the board approved Gary to investigate further into the idea.

  8. Caroline/Josh-Volunteer rewards program: The idea of having some sort of program that is special for our volunteers came up during the meeting. Caroline thinks having a percentage of volunteer hours could qualify as a way to see who all volunteers through UltraSignUp. Josh volunteered to look into it.

  9. Meeting adjourned at 7:52 p.m.


Willie Lambert's Rock Creek Trail Series 5 & 10K, 3-20-10

Inaugural Sanders Saunter